Smoldering frames and debris were all that remained of the Ludlow tent colony after National Guardsmen burned it down during the Ludlow Massacre on April 20, 1914. The colony had housed coal miners and their families, and more than a dozen women and children suffocated during the conflagration.
Share to Submitted by yongli on Mon, 05/01/2017 - 12:57
Las Animas County
Image courtesy of Denver Public Library, Western History/Genealogy Department.