The second town of Julesburg was established on the south side of the South Platte River after the first town of Julesburg was burned to the ground. The town was abandoned in 1867 when residents learned that the Union Pacific Railroad planned to follow the north shore of the river.
Submitted by yongli on Mon, 11/09/2015 - 16:39 Share article to
Courtesy of Denver Public Library, Western History/Genealogy Department. To purchase a copy of this image, please contact Photo Sales staff at email@example.com or 720-865-1818.