Submitted by yongli on Wed, 11/04/2015 - 14:41 Share article to
Before the railroad arrived in Silverton in 1882, Animas Forks served as a regional center for commerce and mail. It had general stores, boarding houses, a jail, a newspaper, and a grand hotel called the Kalamazoo House.
San Juan County
Courtesy of Denver Public Library, Western History/Genealogy Department. To purchase a copy of this image, please contact Photo Sales staff at email@example.com or 720-865-1818.