William H. Jackson's famous photo taken in 1874 is one of the earliest known images of the Yucca House site, showing more extensive standing walls than now exist. The view is to the southeast with Mesa Verde in the background and Capt. John T. Moss standing in front of a wall near the center.
Share to Submitted by yongli on Mon, 05/02/2016 - 15:35
Courtesy of History Colorado, William H. Jackson Collection. Note: the attached is from a photocopy; a higher resolution image from the original print is available from History Colorado...