John M. Francisco and his trading partner, Henry Daigre, built Francisco Plaza in 1862 at the site of present-day La Veta. In 1876 the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad reached the plaza, which housed the railroad depot and related operations for several years.
Share article to
Courtesy of Denver Public Library, Western History/Genealogy Department. To purchase a copy of this image, please contact Photo Sales staff at email@example.com or 720-865-1818.