The Central City Opera House, originally opened in 1878, was renovated and reopened in the 1930s. Described as "the finest temple of the Muse west of the Missouri" and designed by architect Robert S. Roeschlaub, the oldest opera house in Colorado is constructed of Gilpin County granite, except for the top and sides.
Share to Submitted by yongli on Mon, 05/16/2016 - 15:09
Central City, Colorado
Courtesy of Denver Public Library, Western History/Genealogy Department