Submitted by yongli on Fri, 11/06/2015 - 13:56 Share to
The town of La Veta acquired the plaza and in 1958 opened it to the public as a museum. Today the Huerfano County Historical Society operates the Francisco Fort Museum, which is open during the summer.
Courtesy of History Colorado, Original Photograph Collection. To purchase a copy of this image, please contact the Photo Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.