You are here

Denver and Rio Grande Railroad

Buckhorn Exchange

Added by yongli on 08/26/2016 - 15:57, last changed on 10/31/2016 - 12:32

Buckhorn Exchange

Share to
Located at 1000 Osage Street, just south of Lincoln Park, the Buckhorn Exchange is Denver’s oldest operating restaurant. Established by Henry H. Zietz in 1893, the restaurant has occupied the same building for more than 120 years and is known for its interior stuffed with Western memorabilia and...

Francisco Plaza

Added by yongli on 11/06/2015 - 13:51, last changed on 09/09/2016 - 10:58
The Fort Garland merchant John M. Francisco and his trading partner, Henry Daigre, built Francisco Plaza near the Cucharas River, at the site of present-day La Veta , in 1862. The first dwelling in the Cucharas Valley , the plaza served as a defensive fort as well as a trading post, farm, and ranch...

Rio Grande Hotel

Added by yongli on 12/02/2015 - 13:42, last changed on 09/10/2016 - 06:43
The Rio Grande Hotel was built in the spring of 1892, when Creede faced a severe housing shortage as thousands of prospectors arrived into town on the recently completed railroad. The hotel withstood the town’s major 1892 fire and is a rare example of an early mining-camp boarding house. After...

William Jackson Palmer

Added by yongli on 08/01/2016 - 13:33, last changed on 04/15/2017 - 10:54
William Jackson Palmer (1836–1909) was a Civil War general, railroad tycoon, and founder of Colorado Springs . Though a Quaker from Delaware, Palmer fought for the Union Army during the Civil War. After the war, he moved west and became a civil engineer and philanthropist who played an integral...
Subscribe to Denver and Rio Grande Railroad