You are here

adobe architecture

Capilla de San Isidro

Added by yongli on 11/18/2016 - 17:16, last changed on 11/18/2016 - 17:16
Built in about 1894, Capilla de San Isidro is a Catholic church in Los Fuertes in the San Luis Valley . The church is dedicated to St. Isidore, the patron saint of farming, and continues to play an important role in the local community, with Mass celebrated in Spanish during the summer. In 2013 the...

Capilla de San Juan Bautista (Church of Saint John the Baptist)

Added by yongli on 11/18/2016 - 17:21, last changed on 03/08/2017 - 12:46
Located in La Garita in the northwestern San Luis Valley , Capilla de San Juan Bautista was built in 1924–26 as a Catholic mission church. It replaced an earlier church on the same site, which served as the area’s parish church from 1879 to 1895 but burned down in 1924. After the church was...

Iglesia de la Inmaculada Concepción

Added by yongli on 10/28/2016 - 11:01, last changed on 10/28/2016 - 11:01
Located in Chama in the San Luis Valley , Iglesia de la Inmaculada Concepción (Church of the Immaculate Conception) is a Catholic church built in 1938 under the supervision of Father Onofre Martorell . It continues to serve as an important community center, with Mass celebrated in Spanish during...

Montoya Ranch

Added by yongli on 10/31/2016 - 10:18, last changed on 10/31/2016 - 10:22
Located near the Huerfano River about twenty miles northwest of Walsenburg , Montoya Ranch is a large adobe building originally built around 1869 by Hispano settlers in the area. It was later occupied by the Montoya family, who operated a sheep ranch, and then by the Lebanese Faris family, who used...

San Rafael Presbyterian Church

Added by yongli on 11/21/2016 - 16:27, last changed on 12/01/2016 - 08:28
Located in Mogote in the southern San Luis Valley , San Rafael Presbyterian Church was probably built in 1895–97 and used regularly until 1965. It is the second-oldest church in Conejos County and one of the few historically Spanish-speaking Presbyterian churches in Colorado. In 1999 it was listed...

St. Francis of Assisi Mission Church

Added by yongli on 11/22/2016 - 12:37, last changed on 11/22/2016 - 12:37
Built in 1881, St. Francis of Assisi Mission Church is a Catholic church in Los Valdeses, a town along the Rio Grande about halfway between Del Norte and Monte Vista . One of the few Hispano churches in the San Luis Valley with a cruciform plan, St. Francis of Assisi held regular Masses until the...

The Fort

Added by yongli on 03/16/2016 - 15:56, last changed on 09/10/2016 - 20:53
The Fort, an adobe restaurant just south of Morrison, was modeled on historic Bent’s Old Fort and built using traditional Hispano methods and materials. Designed by William Lumpkins, an architect internationally known for his work in the adobe and Pueblo Revival styles, the Fort served as a...
Subscribe to adobe architecture